Norwaste will contribute to a safe working environment for those who work in the waste and recycling industry. Our knowledge and experience of biology and biological factors in your everyday work can help you to be able to protect yourself and your colleagues. We know that collection, sorting and other forms of waste treatment can lead to high concentrations of bio-aerosols with dust, dead and living bacteria and fungal spores in the air and increased competence can help improve your everyday life. The course is based on the Working Environment Act and regulations on the performance of work, including "biological risk factors" and "work that may lead to exposure". In the course, we let the participants themselves provide input and issues.
The purpose of the course is to provide an understanding of how one should plan and work to handle waste that has biological factors that can give risk of infection and disease. Furthermore, it is a goal that the participants should be left with an understanding and a conceptual framework within biological factors and to know when one should take a step back and increase the degree of protection.
The course lasts for 3 hours with space for breaks and discussions.
- Regulations that safeguard the protection of the working environment against biological factors during the working day with different waste streams
- Professional background on how to avoid infection
- Introduction of internal routines, hygienic practice and protection against infection
- Risk assessment when handling waste Risk of handling specific waste streams and operations
- Risk management tools - Secure job analysis
We start the course offer in 2022, dates are coming
Participant price is 3,750. Get in touch for a group discount (from 5 people) and an offer of an internal course.