Norwaste aims to contribute to a safe working environment for those in the waste and recycling industry. Our knowledge and experience regarding biology and biological factors in your work environment can empower you to protect yourself and your colleagues. We understand that waste collection, sorting, and other forms of waste treatment can lead to high concentrations of bioaerosols containing dust, dead and live bacteria, and fungal spores in the air. Enhanced expertise can significantly improve your daily experiences. The course is based on the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations on work execution, including 'biological risk factors' and 'work that may involve exposure'. During the course, we encourage participants to provide insights and raise questions.
The purpose of the course is to provide an understanding of how one should plan and work to handle waste that has biological factors that can give risk of infection and disease. Furthermore, it is a goal that the participants should be left with an understanding and a conceptual framework within biological factors and to know when one should take a step back and increase the degree of protection.
The course lasts for 3 hours with space for breaks and discussions.
- Regulations that safeguard the protection of the working environment against biological factors during the working day with different waste streams
- Professional background on how to avoid infection
- Introduction of internal routines, hygienic practice and protection against infection
- Risk assessment when handling waste Risk of handling specific waste streams and operations
- Verktøy for risikohåndtering – Sikker jobb analyse
Participant price is 3,750. Get in touch for a group discount (from 5 people) and an offer of an internal course.
Express your interest below; course dates will be announced soon